How to plan a wedding in 6 months or less - a monthly timelineJanuary 22, 2019
Has that feeling of "Engaged Bliss" begun to morph into the “What next,” phase?
If so, this is totally normal.
Planning a wedding seems pretty overwhelming but it’s not a small feat. With a detailed checklist and a bit of hard work it’s definitely possible to plan your wedding in a short time of 6 months too. We have summed up with an awesome 6 month wedding planning timeline with all the key dates leading up to your special day.
- Choose your wedding date.
- Finalize your budget.
- Figure out your guest list.
- Book your wedding venue.
- Book hotel room for yourself and out-of-town guests.
- Decide upon your dream wedding style e.g.(rustic, vintage, modern, etc).
- Book other vendors (photographer, videographer, registrar, caterer, florist, band/dj, venue stylist).
- Choose your wedding dress.
- Send out Save the Dates.
- Purchase your wedding accessories (shoes, hair accessory, jewellery, etc).
- Figure out bridal party attire.
- Book other vendors (hair stylist, makeup artist, transportation, cake maker).
- Organize the Hen/Stag Parties.
- Purchase wedding rings.
- Plan your honeymoon.
- Order and mail wedding invites.
- Hair and makeup trial.
- Catering and cake tasting.
- Have your Hen/Stag Party.
- Check RSVP’s and call guests who haven’t sent a response.
- Write your marriage vows.
- Buy gifts and favors - for the bridal party and close family.
- Have your final dress fitting and break in your wedding shoes.
- Confirm date, time and venue with all your vendors.
- Confirm reservations for your honeymoon.
- Pack for your honeymoon (most importantly all the necessary travel documents).
- Send a wedding day checklist and timeline to your bridal party.
- Get a wax.
THE DAY BEFORE:
- Get a manicure and pedicure.
- Pack an emergency kit.
- Organize gowns and accessories.
- All that’s left to do is enjoy your special day – Congratulations!!
THE DAY AFTER:
- Arrange to return your rentals.
- Get your wedding dress dry cleaned.
- Enjoy your newly wed life.